Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What did the Thumb say to the Middle Finger?

Some of my readers may not be familiar with the phrase "Oh snap!" Allow me to explain its proper usage:

And here is an example of someone "getting told." In this particular situation, it's GAS (Government of American Samoa), getting told by CNN investigative reporter Drew Griffin:




And here is the CNN-US version, where he walks through the parking lot of the building where I work:


I actually had a hand in producing these, kinda-sorta. The bigger version that aired on TV included an interview with Congressman Eni (yes, the same one that was on the Colbert Report), which was filmed in the Mr. Joey's Cartoon Club Studio.* So now I can say I've filmed two things that have aired on CNN. Watching a high-ranking individual affiliated with ASG actually get asked tough questions was a thing of beauty. Eni actually did a pretty decent job, answered all of the questions, and was a really great guy in person.

On the other hand, I would have paid to have been in the room during that interview with Governor Tulafono, who normally has some really strict conditions for interviews and doesn't make a lot of media appearances besides his weekly radio show. Which is another reason why seeing him get publicly taken to task was such a thing of great beauty.

Governor Tulafono also likes to complain about all the mean things that people say about him on WVUV's weekly call-in show.

That's all I have to say for now. Except that Duke sucks.

*The back wall in my office.
blog comments powered by Disqus