Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Flashback

A lifetime ago, on the evening of December 31st, 1999, the Town of Mooresville held a Millennium celebration downtown to ring in the year 2000. One of the many things to do was write down a message in a book that would be opened and read in ten years' time. In my infinite middle-school wisdom and maturity, I put down:

T
Th
Thi
This
This is
This is t
This is to
This is to t
This is to ta
This is to tak
This is to take
This is to take u
This is to take up
This is to take up s
This is to take up sp
This is to take up spa
This is to take up spac
This is to take up space
This is to take up space.

And signed my full name.

The best part about that is that I may have actually used a variation that took up even more space. The more I thought about it over the following years, the more I wanted to be as far away as possible when that book was reopened on January 1st, 2010.

Mission accomplished.
blog comments powered by Disqus